The best type of concrete sealer, whether water or solvent based, depends on the specific application and desired outcome as they both have their own unique advantages and disadvantages.
Water-based concrete sealers:
- Are typically more environmentally friendly and have lower VOC emissions than solvent-based sealers
- Dry quickly and have low odour when applicating
- Are often easier to clean up with just soap and water
- Can enhance the colour of the concrete surface and improve its overall appearance
- Can be more flexible and less likely to crack or peel
Solvent-based concrete sealers:
- Typically offer better penetration and protection for the concrete surface
- Can provide a longer-lasting, more durable finish
- Offer a wider range of sheen options, from matte to high-gloss
- Can be more resistant to UV light and weathering
The best type of concrete sealer for a particular application will depend on the specific needs and requirements of the surface, such as the desired level of protection, the type of environment it will be exposed to, and the desired aesthetic effect. It is important to carefully consider these factors and choose a high-quality concrete sealer that is formulated for your specific application to achieve the desired outcome.